Receive News Updates by E-Mail
Connect with us

Hyderabad Real Estate News

2.5 lakh Homes Planned For Construction Workers In Maharashtra

RealtyNXT

Published

on

2.5 lakh homes planned for construction workers in Maharashtra

The rove construction workers are the biggest irony of the real estate industry who continues to build homes for the privileged few. The Devendra Fadnavis government has finally come up with an ambitious plan to construct 2.5 lakh tenements for construction workers at 20% of the cost of construction under the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojna.

The target is constructing 50,000 tenements in 2017-18, remaining 2 lakh homes to be constructed in the period of 4 years, said a bureaucrat. He added, “It will be a time-bound plan for the welfare of construction workers across the state.”

Since they are the most vulnerable segment who take high risk, put in long hours of work and completely lack even the basic housing facilities it is proposed that their homes will be built under the Mahakamgar Awaas Scheme. Workers and buildings registered under the Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board will be entitled.

Under the scheme, each tenement will have basic infrastructure like water, sanitation, sewerage, road and electricity and will have carpet area up to 30 sq m but not less than 25 sq m. The official said, “All promoters and developers employing more than 10 workers within city limits shall have to facilitate construction of houses for their workers under PMAY. Promoters can also come together and jointly construct tenements for their construction workers.

He further clarified, “The housing shall be under a credit-linked subsidy scheme (CLSS) of PMAY. Under the scheme, the promoter shall enter into a joint venture with Mhada and workers welfare board for construction of tenements.”

As per the plan, the land for the projects will be provided by the developers and FSI of 2.5 will be provided by Mhada. The developer shall design, build and finance affordable housing units and associated services.

The bureaucrat said the workers shall have to finance the home under the subsidy under CLSS. The allottee shall have to pay EMIs for a certain time to the transfer the unit to the allottee. The loan period shall be of over 20 years as EMI. The 80% of which shall be given by Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board and the remaining 20% shall by the allottee. According to them, eligible persons shall be identified under a transparent process. Preference shall be given to differently-abled persons, senior citizens, SC, ST, single women, transgenders, and EWS. Lastly, the allottees will need to make the payment of the pre-determined amount of the unit cost to the private developer directly.

At present, the housing department estimates the cost of a unit would be Rs 6 lakh.

Also Read: The New Wave Of Construction Innovations – Part 1

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

© 2020 RealtyNXT | All Rights Reserved.