Receive News Updates by E-Mail
Connect with us

International

SoftBank Group Corp will not complete a $3 billion tender offer for additional WeWork shares

News Editor

Published

on

The U.S.-based company’s committee said it will evaluate all its legal options, including litigation and remained committed to reaching a solution. 

Japan’s SoftBank Group Corp will not complete a $3 billion (2.42 billion pounds) tender offer for additional WeWork shares agreed last year with its shareholders, a special committee of the U.S.-based shared-office operator’s board said on Wednesday.

“The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of WeWork has been advised by SoftBank, the controlling shareholder of WeWork, that it will not consummate the tender offer which it agreed to in October of 2019,” it said in a statement, adding it was “disappointed” by the development. 

The U.S.-based company’s committee said it will evaluate all its legal options, including litigation and remained committed to reaching a solution. 

A SoftBank spokeswoman declined to comment. 

Last month that SoftBank was considering pulling out of the $3 billion bid to buy additional shares in WeWork, as it felt the U.S. firm had not met the conditions for the deal. The special committee of WeWork’s board later said it was preparing for a fight against the Japanese company.

Source: Reuters 

(Note: The story has been published without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)

ALSO READ: Australian home prices extended gains in March

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

© 2020 RealtyNXT | All Rights Reserved.